What is the PASS program?
- PASS targets students who are identified as at-risk of not graduating or dropping out of school.
- These are the non attendees, students living in the group home, mental health concerns, sickness, etc.
- The teacher is referred to as the Student Success Teacher (SST).
How can my child avail of this program?
- Students are referred to the SST teacher by administration, guidance counselors or classroom teachers.
- If they meet the criteria for the program, we create a plan to improve attendance and offer temporary support based on each student’s individual needs.
How does it help?
- PASS programming may help a student reconnect with school in person, experience academic success, and find their way through a difficult life situation.
- Support examples include providing a safe and caring environment to complete work, helping the student gain confidence, getting extra help and then returning to the regular classroom as they are able.