The Award is a non-competitive programme in which participants set and achieve personal goals for community service, skills, fitness, and adventure. It is a great way to explore new interests and try new challenges you might not have done otherwise, and even stretch your ‘comfort zone’. The Award is open to all young Canadians age 14 yrs to 24 yrs old, and has 3 levels:
- Bronze (for ages 14 yrs and up)
- Silver (for ages 15 yrs and up)
- Gold (for ages 16 yrs and up)
MDJH is now accepting potential candidates for the programme.
Who: Grade nine students who attend Macdonald Drive Junior High and are interested in the Duke of Edinburgh Program.
What: An information session with respect to the MDJH Duke of Edinburgh group.
When: Wednesday (Sept 30, 2015) at 7:30pm.
Where: The school’s Learning Resources Centre (LRC).
Why: The information session will:
- address operational concerns of the program.
- provide information with respect to the four components of the program.
- get students registered with the Duke of Edinburgh Program Provincial Office.
- get students registered with the Duke of Edinburgh Program School Based Group.
Please Note: A parent/guardian must attend the information session with each interested student. Registration fees may be paid with cash or cheque.
For more information about the Duke of Edinburgh Award Programme please visit: http://www.dukeofed.org/about-the-award