Please be advised that there is a Professional Development Day for teachers scheduled for Friday, May 17th. There will be no classes for students on that day.
The Victoria Day Holiday will be observed on Monday, May 20th. There will be no classes on that day.
Mental Health Awareness Week is May 6th – 10th. To mark the start of this very important week we are asking students and teachers to wear Green on Monday, May 6th. There will also be various activities throughout the week to mark our WEareWell campaign in support of Mental Health.
- Monday – Wear Green to support Mental Health
- Wednesday – Wellness Wednesday – We will spread positivity around MDJH.
- Thursday – St. John Ambulance Therapy Dogs visit MDJH
We will also have daily mental health tips on our announcements throughout the week. Let’s #GetLoud about the importance of Mental Health at MDJH!
This past weekend MDJH students in the Duke of Edinburgh program braved the elements for an outdoor hike. Many thanks to our guides and chaperones!
As a part of a drama unit in English Language Arts, the grade 7-2 class decided to present an abridged version of Macbeth. They received the scripts, reviewed them, auditioned, and then practiced it all over and over. Eventually, they performed for Ms. Pike, Ms. Hardy, Ms. Watton, and Ms. Ward. Everyone had a role whether it was on the stage or behind the scenes. It was a great way to end classes on April 18! A wonderful time was had by all. Mrs. Mills and Ms. Bartlett were very proud of all their students.
Over the Easter break, PowerSchool was moved to a cloud environment with a new domain. As a result, you will have to update the PowerSchool mobile app on your mobile device. Click here for a guide on how to update the PowerSchool mobile app so it syncs with the new server.
Congratulations to Ms. Gillian Trainer, the winner in our 50/50 draw! The winning ticket was drawn today, and Ms. Trainer takes home just under $4500.00!
We would like to send out a big “Thank You!” to all our ticket sellers, the contest organizers, and to everyone who supported MDJH by buying a ticket!
A big congratulations to the MDJH cheerleading team who completed in provincials this past weekend. The girls won gold in their division, Junior High Grand Champs, and a bid to the World Championships in Orlando Florida. Great job, girls!
Starting 4pm on Thursday April 18, 2019 to Friday Evening April 26, 2019 PowerSchool will be unavailable to all users (Staff, Parents, and Students).
USERS SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO ACCESS POWERSCHOOL UNTIL AFTER April 26, 2019.
After maintenance is completed:
- (All Users) There will be no change required to the PowerSchool app on your mobile device. If a user does encounter problems with their mobile device, it is recommended to do a clean uninstall of the app and reinstall it to clear older cached data. Please see the attached file for instructions – PowerSchool Mobile App Installation Instructions.pdf
- (All Users) Home users will have to update their systems to use the new URL links. Please see the attached file for instructions on how to update your Browser Bookmarks – Editing Bookmarks.pdf
- (Admin Staff/Teachers) No change is required on school systems – this transition should be transparent for Admin Staff and Teachers. However, if you do run into problems with access you can use the new URL links listed below.
New URL Links:
The new portals for Admin Staff, Teachers, Parents and Students will be:
MDJH students attended a Volunteer Appreciation Event at St. Pat’s Mercy Home last week for our Adopt a Senior campaign and Duke of Edinburgh volunteers.
As well, on behalf of Board Chair Goronwy Price, please see the attached message.