As not all students may have had the opportunity to complete the student survey before March 17, it has been decided that the surveys will remain open until April 27. This will provide an opportunity for students and families to complete the surveys if they wish.
Information for Families
Why should I complete this survey?
- This survey gives parents/guardians an opportunity to provide feedback to the administrators of their child’s school on topics that are important for school development.
How will the information be used?
- The primary purpose of the survey is to support the school development process. The survey results will be provided to your child’s school and used with other data in the school development process to identify the school’s strengths and challenges. Your school will then create and implement a plan to build on successes and address areas of challenge.
- The survey data is most useful when it is understood within the context of the local school. The Department will only examine the results at the provincial level to identify generalized trends and where action is needed on a provincial basis.
What topics are included in this survey?
This survey asks for your opinions on the following topics:
- School climate
- School safety
- School fit
- Family engagement and support
- Barriers to engaging with school
- Areas of strength and where improvement is needed
- Background questions are also included to allow for a more in-depth analysis of results (e.g., results by grade).
Is the survey anonymous?
- This survey is intended to be anonymous, which means you cannot be linked to your responses (You are not asked to provide your name). Your responses will be grouped with responses from other parents/guardians. Only group-level (i.e., aggregate) responses are reported, and results are never reported for any questions in cases where there are fewer than six respondents.
- Parents/guardians complete ONE survey for EACH SCHOOL attended by their children. Some questions are about your perception of the school in general or your involvement with the school. Other questions ask specifically about “your child”. If you have more than one child in this school, please think about your OLDEST child who attends this school when answering questions that say “your child”.
- When selecting a response, please choose the one that you feel best describes your/your child’s overall experience at this school this year. There are no right or wrong answers. These are your opinions, so please give them honestly so that the school and district administrators can better understand your/your child’s experience and work to make the school a better learning environment.
IF YOU TRULY FEEL THAT YOU CANNOT ANSWER A QUESTION, PLEASE LEAVE IT BLANK.