Please have a conversation with your child/children as we start back to school tomorrow, Tuesday, January 25, Day 6.
- Please ensure your child takes a second Rapid Test tomorrow before school. Instructions are on the blue sheet that was given out with the test kit.
Masks will have a critical role when we move back to in-school learning.
- All students must wear masks at all times.
- The only time students are permitted to remove their masks is:
- When students are eating/drinking. Masks can be off for a MAXIMUM of 15 minutes, and students must be socially distanced.
- While students are doing vigorous physical activity in gym class.
- To prevent transmission, students should limit time spent with other students while not wearing a mask. As soon as the student is finished actively eating, or has stopped actively moving during gym class such as when they are on the sidelines, they should put their mask back on.
- The only students who do not have to wear a mask must have medical documentation stating they cannot wear one.
- Masks with three layers are recommended. This could be a three-layer cloth mask or three-ply disposable nonmedical mask. Whichever mask you choose should be comfortable and completely cover your mouth and nose with no gaps. Here is a video suggestion to help make your child’s mask fit better, especially if it gapes along the sides.
- Please remind students to have extra masks in their book bag.
It is very important that the mask protocol is followed. Students will first receive warnings, but if the student continues to not follow the masking rules, home will be contacted.
For up-to-date information on COVID protocols please refer to the following links:
- The cafeteria has moved to online ordering only – click here to visit the Chartwells site.
- When students are eating/drinking, masks can be off for a MAXIMUM of 15 minutes, and students must keep a 2m distance when eating. Unless actively eating, masks need to be on.
- Students will be required to wear masks properly on the school bus.
- Students will not be permitted to eat or drink on the bus.
- Students that break these rules will be removed from the bus for a period of time and parents/guardians will be contacted.
- In order to make sure students stay seated while they are eating recess with masks off, they will be given the last 5 minutes of period 2 (10:03) to eat at their desk.
- During recess, students can put their masks back on to move around, stretch their legs, or use the bathroom.
Library at Lunch
- The school library will be open during the 2nd half of lunch. Students MUST wear their mask at all times while in the Library.
Extracurricular Activities/Sports Teams
- There will be no extracurricular activities or sport activities until further notice.
Thank you for your support.