For the past nine years MDJH has partnered with St. Pat’s Mercy Home to provide gifts for their seniors who may not have anyone to give them a gift. They are too often forgotten at this time of year. Ours are the only gift they may receive.
We receive a list of wish items for seniors. Some lists are bigger than others and some are quite small.
Students are asked to bring in a monetary donation toward the purchase of clothing items requested. Students are also able to bring in the following items:
- Dry shampoo (Batiste) for our female residents
- Unscented Hairspray
- Unscented body lotion
- Razors for our male residents (Gillette, Xtreme or Bic)
- Body wash
- Baby powder
- Socks (thin ankle socks that can be worn inside a shoe)
- Deodorant gel (something with low scent)
- Treats (chewing gum, soft cheesies, chocolate bars (no nuts or chewy parts))
- Hair brushes
- Hair elastics
- Knitting needles
- Art supplies (residents love to paint small pictures for their rooms/family)
- Coloring leads, markers
- Gift Cards – Tim Hortons/Dollarama (Rec Therapy takes residents on outings and they often stop at Tims to get residents coffee, etc.)
Every homeroom will also sign a card for the seniors.
This is a very heartwarming project. Thank you for your continued support.
All donations must be handed in to Homeroom teachers by Friday, December 10th.