Free Donuts on Friday!
- In 1917, Salvation Army volunteers went to the front lines of the First World War in France, where they established social centres and canteens. Soldiers had the opportunity to secure essential items and receive some baked donuts, writing supplies, and clothes-mending services.
- The Salvation Army’s “donut lassies” served hope and happiness to soldiers on the battlefield and boosted morale. In recent years, this special day has been picking up momentum again.
- So, on Friday, June 3, The Salvation Army will be celebrating National Donut Day. The Emergency Services Truck will be on on the parking lot of MDJH and will be passing out free donuts to students during the lunch break.
50/50 tickets – Summer Splash
- Get those tickets sold early because there are gift card prize draws happening daily for students who return their ticket stubs and money to the office.
- The student who sells the most tickets will receive a $200 Best Buy gift card. You can get extra tickets at the office. If you have any unsold tickets, please return them to the office ASAP.
Chartwells – Poutine Special!
- On Wednesday, June 1, Chartwells will be serving poutine in the cafeteria. The cost is $5.50.
- Keep an eye out for upcoming specials for the month of June!