Are you a school athlete looking for a new challenge? You might be interested in the Indoor Triathlon on June 4th.
Date & Time: Saturday, June 4, 2022 9 AM – 1 PM
Eligible Athletes: Grade 7 – 12 (Born 2005 – 2010)
Place: MUN Pool & Field House, Westerland Road, St. John’s
- Junior Girls (13 – 15 years)
- Junior Boys (13 – 15 years)
- Senior Girls (16 – 18 years)
- Senior Boys (16 – 18 years)
- Individual champions in each category
- School champions in each category based on teams of three
- Swim 15 minutes, Spin 15 minutes, and Run 15 Minutes (10 minutes each for Junior category)
- Earn points for distance completed – most points wins!
- All you need is swim suit and running kit, or tri suit; swim goggles
What is Indoor Triathlon?
Similar to an outdoor triathlon, indoor triathlon is a multi-sport event with swim, cycling, and running components. The swim is conducted in the MUN pool, while the Field House is the location for the cycling component on spin bikes, and the run using the indoor track.
There is a 12 minute transition between swim and bike, and a 3 minute transition between bike and run.
The athlete’s competition is completed in 1 hour. Athletes will compete in groups of 10, called waves.
Indoor triathlon is well suited to novice athletes in triathlon. There are minimal equipment requirements
– basically swim suit and goggles, and running kit. Concerns about large groups in open water, or road
cycling are completely avoided. This event is well suited to athletes with good endurance.
For more information, click here to see the Athlete’s Guide, the information poster, and the participation advisory.
This event will be limited to 100 participants. The registration fee is $10.00, plus associated fees.
Click here to visit the registration website (Note: this is an external site and not related to NLESD)